Health Care Reform Act (PPACA) will Require Your Business To...
January 10, 2013 by PRemployer
The Health Care Reform Act (PPACA) Will Require Your Business To:
- Issue a notice to all employees by March 1, 2013 explaining how the benefit exchanges will operate in each state and explain the impact such exchanges will have on the employee’s benefit choices...
- Count ALL employees in ALL business entities that fall under “Common Ownership” to determine if the business must “pay or play” (e.g. offer health care coverage or pay penalties)….
- Use 2013 headcount data to determine if the business is required to offer health care coverage to their employee’s, or pay penalties if they don’t, and that such calculations MUST include both full -time and part-time employees….
- Declare if you wish to utilize a safe harbor method which requires employers to select and track a “standard measurement period”, “stability period” and “administrative period” to determine which employees are eligible for benefits, or which employees will subject the employer to penalties…
- Report on a monthly basis, information regarding number of employees, number of hours worked by each employee, measurement periods that have been established, benefit plan design, benefit costs per employee, demographic information, and many other pieces of data that the government will require of ALL businesses, large or small.
Health Care Reform is causing the business community to ask a lot of questions, especially, “How will I ever
be able to keep up with this?” PRemployer and Personnel Resources have the answers….
We have several unique and innovative methods to help your business control the costs associated with compliance. By utilizing one or more of the service options we offer, we can reduce your penalty exposure, control your benefit costs, and ease the administrative burden that will fall on your business. We have devised strategies that will allow you to not only survive, but thrive, and give your business that all-important edge over your competition. One thing is certain: failure to plan now
will harm the companies that are unprepared to deal with the complexities of this law. You can attempt to understand health care reform on your own, or you can….
Partner with Experts. We will solve the problem………..
To schedule a consultation contact us at:
PRemployer – 334-712-9939
Personnel Resources – 334-794-8722